Search this blog and beyond

Monday, September 7, 2009

I can pick bike locks!


So here goes another of my 'one of a kind' stupid situations. I have a pretty run down bike which I out of desperation bought in an over prized second hand shop. The regular lock attached to the back wheel has been sort of semi ripped off, the lock exists but I don't have the keys. So I usually just lock my bike with a chain. I had taken the violet cutie out for a ride about 3-4 kms away from my house when I received a phone call. I stopped seeing that it was a friend, locked my bike up a lamp post and sat on nearby bench and chatted on la..la..la..

After quite some time I got up, walked up to my bike and I don't know what got into me, I suddenly wanted to check if the original lock of bike worked or not and without thinking for a second, I locked it! Ahhh!! Stom! I was in the middle of some place with a locked bike. I desperately tried to shake it up and down to somehow loosen it. People passing by were giving me the suspicious looks. I was losing hope and was beginning to wonder how I was going to haul my bike to my place. I stopped for a few seconds and actually thought what I should do. I took out my thinnest key and tried to insert it into the small openeing in the lock, where the key hole should have been. I jammed it in as far as it went in and kept trying to unlock it again. 2-3 minutes and voila! The lock opened.

The smartest thing I did in a long long time..:D

9 comments:

mub said...

Haha, that really makes you confident in how well those rear wheel locks work, doesn't it?

thamarai said...

haha..exactly..:)..hmmm, probably I shd consider a side business..;)

Unknown said...

Lol!! Thanks Goodness you could unlock it. Obviously the fact that you could pick the lock so fast, means that you should just keep using the chain to secure your bike every time....
Cheers!

~ Lopa said...

hahaha, so that lock works or not, you have keys or not, doesnt matter, anyway you are going to need your chain ;)

And see, you proved you are engineer, whenever something goes wrong this is what expected from an Engineer...lol ;)

thamarai said...

Aledys..ya..now I know you need not be a super criminal to pick locks...I am going to try picking my own chain lock sometime to see how good it is..:)

Lopa, ya, seriously I wonder if its any use it all...Engineer wala dimag finally chamka..;)

Lopa said...

Reading word "chamka" , it reminds me of that old bollywood movie... golmal??? Don't remember but starring Amol Palekar and I guess deepti naval as Ms. Chamko hehe!
Sorry I know nothing related... Just the word chamka got me to Miss Chamko ;)

thamarai said...

hehe..Ms Chamko..nice name uh..:D

tunahan said...

:) funny experience

thamarai said...

hello Tunahan, thanks for visiting my blog..:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...